Thursday, May 30, 2013

Big Bear

I just spent no small amount of time writing up a fairly descriptive entry about Big Bear using Blogsy, an iPad app, then as I don't currently have an Internet connection I thought I'd save it and move on to my next entry. It didn't save anything. So screw you Blogsy. All you need to know is Monty helped us a ton, sorted free accommodation at Big Bear Hostel in exchange for a little work each day, we had milkshakes in the end, I tried and failed a pancake challenge, we got drunk at a dirty cowboy bar, a South African guy called Soup Nazi threw pancakes at Rebecca, she then mauled a roast chicken, she brought new shoes and her heel got better. On the way back to the trail I ended up in the back seat with a drunk guy (at 8am) who was hiking, we had a very intense conversation with a few tears shed. And not because the guys legs were swollen to about four times their normal size. He was still hiking on them!

No comments:

Post a Comment